TICKETS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND USE
All tickets to the BCWM (the Museum) are subject to these terms and conditions. This includes the following types of tickets (together ‘Tickets’):• Entry Tickets: for general admission to the BCWM (please note, entry tickets are not required to gain access to the museum and walk-up entry is possible);
• Exhibition Tickets: for entry to temporary, special or paid-for exhibitions; and
• Event Tickets: for entry to events held on-site at the Museum.
In these terms and conditions, the ‘BCWM’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to the Trustees of the BCWM.
In booking a Ticket, or using a Ticket regardless of whether you were the person who booked it, you understand and agree that:
• If an exhibition or event requires an Exhibition Ticket or Event Ticket, you will not be allowed to enter, join or attend that exhibition or event without such a Ticket.
• Your Ticket is valid only for the number of person(s), the date and/or the time slot stated on the Ticket.
• The Museum cannot refund any donations (please refer to our Cancellation and refund policy below for further detail).
• If you are visiting the Museum, you agree to be bound by and to abide by our .
• Your visit to the Museum, including to any exhibition or event, is at all times subject to any notice to visitors we post on our premises and to the direction, supervision and guidance of our staff, which may include directions in relation to health and.
We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to refuse to allow you to enter the Museum, or to join an event online, or to enter into any exhibition or event, and/or escort you from our premises if, in our judgment, you breach any of these terms and conditions (including if you arrive outside the date and time slot stated on the face of your Ticket), and in such case, we shall have no liability to you.
We also reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to:
• Alter our advertised arrangements for opening and admission to the Museum, or for any exhibition or event (whether on-site or online);
• Cancel any Ticket without notice; or
• Close the Museum (or any part thereof) without notice,
AND in any such event (a) we shall not be liable to you for any loss of business, revenue, profits, anticipated savings or goodwill (whether direct or indirect) or for any indirect, special or consequential loss of any kind and in each case howsoever arising, even if you have advised us of the possibility of same; and (b) our maximum liability to you shall not exceed the total amount you paid for your Ticket.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit our liability to you for death, personal injury or fraud, or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded or limited.
This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If a Ticket is resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than us or one of our authorised sub-agents, then that Ticket will be void. If you attempt to enter the Museum, or join an exhibition or an event (whether on-site or online) with a Ticket that has been resold without the BCWM’s written consent, you may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Museum, the exhibition, and/or the event and no compensation will be payable to you by us.
Cancellation and refund policy
We can offer you a 100% refund on admission tickets as long as you notify us by email of your intended cancellation up to 24 hours before your planned admission. Cancellations that are made within 24 hours of your planned admission will be subject to a 50% refund. Cancellations made on the day of your admission will not be refunded(that is, on the specified admission date). Your statutory rights are not affected.
It may be necessary in some circumstances for the BCWM in its discretion to cancel your Ticket without notice. If this occurs, we will where possible offer you an alternative Ticket, or an exchange or a refund equivalent to the cost of the Ticket, but we will not reimburse your travel or any other expenses.
Please be aware that we will not refund the amount of any donation made at the time your Ticket was purchased, and in the case of ticket types that include a donation – neither the ticket nor the donation will be refunded. As a charity and in order to comply with Gift Aid rules, the BCWM cannot refund donations or tickets that include a donation, even in the event of cancellations or because you upgrade your Ticket to Membership.
Classes of e-ticket holders
The following definitions will apply to e-ticket sales from the BCWM website:
• Child under 14: a person aged from 0 years old to 14 years old (inclusive)
• Adult: a person aged 15 years and above
• Adult senior: a person aged 60 years or more
• Jobseeker: an adult who shows ‘Proof of Benefit’ letter from Jobcentre Plus
• Disabled person: a person is disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if they have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on their ability to do normal daily activities
• Disabled person’s assistant: a person accompanying a disabled person
• Student: an adult who shows valid photographic student ID
Receiving your e-ticket
Once your online booking has been confirmed an order confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified. This will contain confirmation of your booking.
It is your responsibility to check prior to booking that the information you have supplied to us with regards to your e-ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
The date, time slot or event for which an e-ticket has been booked cannot be changed once booking is complete, unless you contact us with more than 24 hours notice of your booked arrival date and/or time.
Using your e-ticket
E-tickets are valid only for the date, time and/or event stated upon them.
If visiting the Museum on-site, on arrival at the Museum (or at the entry to the exhibition or event for which you hold an e-ticket), the following will be required in order to validate an e-ticket booked through the BCWM website:
1) Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted rate claimed (such as NUS card or pension booklet) for each person to be admitted with the e-ticket; and
2) A legible printout of your e-ticket or the display of this on your mobile device.