LINKS TO OTHER AVIATION & MUSEUM WEBSITES
RAF Bentwaters, RAF Woodbridge and 0ther 81st TFW related websites:
Other Military Museums & Related Websites– Why not visit some of these after your visit to the Bentwaters Cold War Museum?
- Alconbury Heritage Collection – showcases the history of RAF Alconbury from 1938 through to the end of flying on base in 1995
- Bawsdey Radar Block Transmitter – The museum tells the story of the groundbreaking Radar development work that took place at Bawdsey.
- Debach Airfield Museum – The 493rd Bomb Group museum, Home of the Helton Hellcats, Station 152, USAAF 1944-1945
- Felixstowe Museum – Tells the social and Military history of Felixstowe from Roman times to the 20th Century
- Halesworth Airfield Museum – Detailing the history of the former Station 365 Airfield
- HMS Ganges Museum – Charts the history of the Royal Navy shore establishment at HMS Gangees at Shotley
- Independent Research Group Orford Ness – (IRGON) – Researches the many military trials that took place on the Ness
- Lowestoft & East Suffolk Maritime Museum – Contemporary displays and attractions celebrate the rich maritime history of Lowestoft
- Martlesham Heath Aviation Society – Museum and Society dedicated to the preservation of the history of RAF Martlesham Heath
- Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum – Dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the region’s aviation history
- Parham Airfield Museum – The 390th Bomb Group Memorial Air Museum
- The Red Feather club (95th Bomb Group Heritage Association) – The official UK museum of the 95th Bomb Group at Horham
- Rougham Control Tower Museum – This is a museum dedicated to the USAAF 332nd BG and 94th BG
- Royal Navy Patrol Service Museum – The museum maintains and preserves a record of the work and experiences of RNPS during World War 2
- Suffolk Regiment Museum – housed in the ‘Keep’, which is the only surviving building of the Regimental Depot.
- The RAF Heraldry Trust – a catalog of all heraldic badges of the RAF
- Wattisham Heritage Museum – has a unique collection of memorabilia and aircraft dating from 1939 up to the present day.
- Wethersfield Museum – Preserving the history of RAF Wethersfield (1944-1990).